10.03.2011

.thanks to pinterest.

Thanks to Pinterest, I cooked a yummy main dish tonight for dinner and created some cute new decor for my kitchen counter! See, Pinterest can be so much more than just a fabulously fun way to waste time!

First of all, I came across this cute little idea from The Wright House:


I love the DIY pedestal with cute little soap dispensers and the towel thrown across. I knew I had a white plate I could use for the stand and a brass candlestick that just needed some gray spray paint. I super-glued the two together, sat my (not so cool) soaps on top with a towel and BAM! In hardly any time at all I had my own version of the above picture.


Thank you, Pinterest!


While meal planning last week, I perused through my Recipes album on Pinterest, looking for something new and exciting to make. I wrote down the ingredients for Salmon or Chicken Cakes from THIS blog and made the salmon cakes (minus the Aioli) for dinner tonight. MAJOR SCORE! Let's just say I held myself back from eating way more than my fair share.

Image via Maria's Nutritious and Delicious Journal

I thought it might be helpful to list the recipe's original ingredients and how I substituted to fit my elementary school taste buds.


2 TBS coconut flour...{Or unmeasured amount of crumbled Ritz crackers}
1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms...{I nixed this ingredient. Sorry, hubs.}
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
16 oz boneless/skinless chicken breast...{I used 2 small cans of boneless salmon}
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 tsp Cajun seasoning....{I sprinkled in some Tony Chachere's b/c it's what I had on hand}
1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt...{I used regular salt because it's what I had}
1 egg
2 tsp coconut oil OR ghee...{I probably would have substituted with EVOO, but I accidentally left this step out}


All in all, I'm sure my version was not as healthy as the original, but it sure tasted good! Even with the left-out oil. I will be making these again!

And again, for good measure: Thank you, Pinterest!

3 comments:

  1. Your soap stand looks beautiful Martha! I love the colors you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pinterest too!! Love your soap stand! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, gonna have to steal that soap stand... great idea! pinterest is the bomb yo!

    ReplyDelete