1.23.2012

.bookworm.

This is the year my passion for reading has returned. I never lost my love of books, but have simply allowed other distractions to get in the way over the past couple of years. I have a pretty substantial library of books just waiting to be read, so I thought I'd update every so often on my progress.

I recently finished reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. If you are a NS fan, you'll no doubt love this. True to his style, it is the perfect blend of romance and drama that keeps you on the edge of your seat. You just might even cry, although I didn't. I did get a lump in my throat though.


+++

A couple of days ago, I started reading Marriage on the Rock by Jimmy Evans. I'm almost halfway through it and am already so inspired to work harder at my marriage and at being the spouse I was designed to be. Thanks to this book, I'm reminding myself daily that my desire for acceptance and love can only be filled by God and it's not fair to put those expectations on my husband or anyone else. No one can love me the way God can, and once I'm secure in my place with Him, I will be equipped with all I need to be the best wife I can possibly be. I will be encouraging my husband to read it when I'm done.


+++

Next month, I'm starting up a Bible study with a group of girlfriends. So I'll be reading the books we bought for those as well as another Nicholas Sparks book next month.

Here's to being a bookworm!

No comments:

Post a Comment