.more completed projects.

My love for sewing is in full swing right now. On my days off during the week, I've been completing projects left and right. My creative process has been working like this:

1. Scour through my "Create This" Pinterest board and open a couple of different tutorials I have yet to attempt.

2. Purchase supplies needed for chosen tutorials.

3. Create.

Sometimes I even get a little crazy and create something for myself sans-pattern!

You might remember {this dress} I created for myself over Spring Break.

Well, I got the itch to create another maxi dress for myself, so I went to Hancock Fabric and bought 3 yards of gray jersey knit. (Turns out 2 yards would have been plenty and a lot less expensive. But I had a gift card...but still...I'll never do that again.)

Using a t-shirt as my guide for the top of the dress, I created this:

 photo 1-1.jpg

There are a few things I need to tweak but I will probably actually be able to wear this out in public. On days that I don't mind having to suck in my gut, that is. I didn't mean for it to be so fitted at the abdomen...

One more little project I completed was this shirt:

 photo 2-1.jpg

I bought this white tee at Goodwill with this specific project in mind. I sewed on a few thrifted doilies and now I have a feminine shirt to wear possibly tucked into skirts this spring.

I have two more Pinterest tutorials pulled up right now that I'd like to tackle today. One would use up most of the extra gray jersey knit fabric I bought too much of, and the other requires me to go thrifting...which I am always more than happy to have an excuse to do.

If these go well, expect another blog post in the near future!

Follow me on Instagram to see my completed projects as I get them done: martylou83.


.pinterest-inspired projects.

Today I utilized my day off quite wisely, if I do say so myself. I completed two crafty projects from Pinterest that I've been wanting to tackle for a while now.

First was this tee refashion from Cotton and Curls.

I took one of Hubs' old t-shirts that he never wears and cut it down to be more form fitting. This was also my first time to remove a neckline and reattach it.

Project two of the day was to make a new door hanger for our front door. Now that Easter is over, I wanted to replace the Burlap Cross.

This initial door hanger from Broken Treasures was my inspiration:

I got the biggest unfinished wooden B I could find at Hobby Lobby, used some stain we already had in the garage, hot glued some fake flowers on, and attached a mustard chevron ribbon to hang it from. I love how it turned out!

Now it's time to clean up my crafting mess and take care of some of the (less fun) household chores!