7.08.2012

.independence day.

This year's celebration of the 4th was sort-of spread across the span of about four days. The Sunday before was red, white, and blue day at church. I had fun putting my ensemble together. My sandals were white. :-)


Sunday night, a big church in town put on a sweet fireworks show. We parked in a field across the way, threw a blanket in the truck bed, and enjoyed the show from afar. It was my nephew's first fireworks viewing of his life, and even though they awoke him from a dead sleep, he was only scared for a little bit then pretty much stared in captivation and wonder.


My brother's birthday is July 2nd, so we got together at his house for a BBQ on the 4th of July. We had fun eating, talking and hanging out in their back yard. Levi and my brother had matching outfits on. I swear my nephew gets cuter every time I see him!




Here is my brother's birthday cake that my sister-in-law made. Oh, so yummy!


The evening of the 4th, of course we had to see more fireworks or it just wouldn't have been right. So we headed back home to our small town and met up with some good friends to enjoy the show. The First Baptist Church hosts the extravaganza every year, complete with free hamburgers, hot dogs and homemade ice cream. Since you're allowed to sit on the field by where they shoot the fireworks, it feels like the best show we've ever seen each year we go because they explode right over your head and look so big. I'm still just like a little kid when I watch fireworks. I love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment