12.03.2019

DIY Mini Tree Garland


About a week ago, an Instagram account I follow that posts awesome Walmart finds shared a picture of mini Christmas garlands that you could drape over letter boards. I thought they were super cute and was immediately inspired. One was made of little pom moms, and one had tiny bottle brush trees all across it.

I went on the hunt for the tiny bottle brush tree garland but with no luck. I couldn't stop thinking about how cute it would be to have a tiny garland to decorate my letter board with for Christmas, so I got creative and made my own.

This project isn't anything earth shattering, but I hope it reminds you that if you see something you like, you can most likely find a way to make your own version of it, which, in my opinion, is even more fun!

I went to Hobby Lobby and scoured all the 50% off Christmas craft trinkets until I found these tiny acrylic trees. (They did have tiny bottle brush trees that I could've used, but once I saw these acrylic trees, I decided to go that route.)


Now...break for the tiny hands that invaded my acrylic tree photo shoot.


I obviously didn't pay attention to the quantity of trees in each package. Twenty is more than enough - too many actually for this project - so one package would've sufficed to make one or two garlands.

All I did for this project is hot glue the trees to some bakers twine I already had. Boom. Easy.

I didn't measure out the space between each tree; I just eyeballed it and tried to get close, knowing that a little imperfection only adds charm.


There are so many cute variations of trinkets at Hobby Lobby you could use to make your own tiny garlands. I saw cute candy canes, stockings, felt Santa faces, and so many other options that made me want to make aaaallll the tiny garlands.


I had quite a bit of excess garland, so I used small pieces of painters' tape on the back of my letter board to hold the garland in place how I wanted it.

Let me know if you get inspired to make your own tiny garland! I'd love to see what you come up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment