2.28.2010

Breakfast for Dinner

We've been in our house for about 3 weeks now, and we are settling in, slowly but surely. On Friday night, my husband stayed up until 2:30 in the morning painting the kitchen. He was tired the next day, but I was so grateful because now the heart of our home can finally start to feel like such.

All of the decorating blue prints that used to only exist in my mind are now coming into fruition, and I'm finding that some things are looking exactly as I wanted them to, and some are just not working at all. So, needless to say, I'm constantly browsing the blogs of other people with beautifully decorated homes to get inspiration when I'm stumped.

Mainly, this blog was to announce that since the kitchen is now officially "open for business," we had some peeps over last night for breakfast for dinner. (Which, by the way, is in my top 5 favorite meals ever!) We had pancakes, turkey bacon and boiled eggs. It was the first meal at our dining table in the new house because prior to having the kitchen painted, the dining table was in the living room. (We have an eat-in kitchen.) As you can see from the pics, there is no decoration on the walls yet, but you can bet your bottom dollar I am working on it and will post pics asap!

Yesterday was also a good day in that hubby's parents came over and assembled the awesome grill they bought for us! Hubs is real excited and plans on buying propane today and probably hosting our first grill-out tonight!

A simple, informal, country-style breakfast for dinner.
Note to self: Next time, have double the amount of food. These men can eat!
The first meal at our table at the new house. With friends and family. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment