4.17.2011

.a shower for abby.

Yesterday, I co-hosted my sister-in-law's first baby shower! The theme was "Showers of Blessings," and the main colors were blue and yellow. We incorporated as many rubber duckies, umbrellas, and fake raindrops as we could. Oh, and the insane amounts of balloons floating around the room added just enough "whimsy" to the decor. Abby was surrounded by family, friends, and co-workers as she opened gifts for baby Levi, and there were lots of smiles, laughter and pictures taken. I picked just a few of my favorite pictures to share on my blog.

We ordered the cake from Harps grocery store. The top layer was white cake and the bottom was chocolate.



This is the mobile I made for the shower. It displayed six pictures from some of the biggest moments of Abby and Lawson's life together, cut into the shape of raindrops and hanging from doily clouds.


This is Abby's silhouette matted with a message board for Levi. It's going to travel to all of her showers and will include hand-written messages from each guest!


This punch was yummy! The funny thing is it was supposed to be blue with the foam on top resembling a bubble bath but red kool-aid was accidentally bought and we tried to make it blue by adding food coloring. It turned out purple, and all the little duckies that were supposed to be floating on the top...well, they didn't float. :-)


When the festivities were over, Abby and I were heading outside to release the balloons into the sky.


There they go! (Notice how someone's bundle of balloons got stuck around the light post? LOL)


It was a fun day that left me even more excited than ever to meet my little nephew! Only about 3 more months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment