I just wanted to apologize to my blog (as well as to any avid readers out there, if you exist) for my absence this past week or so. Notice how my last post was about opening shop on etsy? Well, coincidentally, that has a lot to do with why my blogging has been so scarce lately!
No, I haven't been swamped with sales. I'm still patiently waiting for my first one, as a matter of fact, but my hands have still been so busy sewing and creating with nearly every free minute I have. But I'm definitely not complaining! I've enjoyed this Summer so much because of all the time I've had to create and finally get the ball rolling on some dreams of mine.
Latest News in Brief:
* Hubs got himself the truck of his (almost) dreams, and I am now the proud driver of his hand-me-down Honda Accord. I said goodbye to my Impala of 9 years. R.I.P. Nellie. We had a good ride.
* I've sold 2 dresses and 1 tote bag at True Treasures (a local shop).
* I'm struggling with a decision I need to make very soon in the job department. Prayers would be so appreciated.
* I ordered some pre-natal vitamins and will begin that regiman soon... which means....
* I know I've already mentioned this, but for the purpose of documentation I'll say it again: Not liking this short hair one bit. I totally have long hair envy. If you can pull your hair back in a ponytail without half of it falling out, I envy you.
* Need prayer for my envy issue. I know it's not right. I'm thankful to just have hair. Just need peace about my appearance... Which that alone seems so vain. Pssh on my appearance. I mean, yeah I want to take care of myself and be attractive to my husband, but I don't need to worry about impressing anyone else. Which leads me to my next one...
* Hubs and I are going to his 10-year high school reunion tomorrow. I'm worried he won't be proud to introduce me as his wife because with my new short 'do, I feel like all my flaws are exposed on the surface. I realize that way of thinking is not right, and I'm hoping that typing it out and making myself admit to it (publicly) will make me put a stop to such wasteful fears and thoughts.
Those are all the updates I can think of right now. Looking forward to the Farmer's Market and Hobby Lobby in the morning, then off to that reunion where my main focus will NOT be on my appearance or my hair but on those around me and how I can be a light for Christ.
I do apologize if I've seemed like a hormonal whiny baby at times in this post. No matter how many years I live, that insecure 12-year-old still likes to pop in and visit every once in a while.