9.02.2010

.girlfriends.

Thank the Lord for girlfriends.


They make us laugh at ourselves, feel good about ourselves when we're not, stand up for us when we're weak, and rejoice with us when we succeed.

I cherish my girlfriends greatly. I've always had trouble in my life finding TRUE girlfriends. Not that I didn't have those girls I wrote notes to in class and talked about boys to. In high school, I didn't have those close-knit friendships that allowed crying on one's shoulder or standing up for each other no matter what the consequence (aka, which popular kid you would have to publicly disagree with). I moved a lot when I was a child, so never got to stay anywhere long enough to establish close, lasting friendships. Still, I've managed to reconnect (on facebook) with a few bff's from way back in the 4th and 5th grades, and it's encouraging to realize that we still have a lot in common and I would still be friends with those same girls in real life now if we had gotten to grow up together.

When I got married, I moved away from all family and college friends to a place where my husband was the only person I knew. I remember when I would cry if he told me he was going to hang out with a friend. I felt so lonely at times, but stuck it out. Fast forward four years and a few jobs later, and now I feel very blessed with the circle of friends God has provided me with.

I love these Christian ladies, all beautiful, funny, and smart. Some with kids, some still considered kids. Some provide wisdom whereas some keep me in touch with my youthful, silly side. All would lend an ear at the drop of a hat with an extra boost of confidence to go along with it. I love each and every one of my friends and thank God for them all.

This post turned into a long sappy one, which was totally not my intention. All I really meant to say is that I am so excited for GNO, not just tonight, but tomorrow night as well! My husband and my family -- they're my best friends. My girlfriends -- well, they're my B.F.F.'s!

2 comments:

  1. What a great post...and beautiful blog...Loved reading your blog...Have a great holiday weekend.
    I have a GREAT HOLIDAY ORNAMENT GIVEAWAY on my blog...drawing on Mon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! I can relate--i had great girlfriends in high school, but in college it became about Cam and I. Now, i am reconnecting with girls and it is great to have girltime.

    ReplyDelete