7.31.2011

.he's going to be a daddy.

He’s going to be a Daddy.

My little brother, the tallest in the family, the youngest of us all. The most mellow, kind, hilarious brother you could ever hope for.

The one that played Barbies and cars with me. He pulled me in our red wagon, only to have me to walk in the house and slam the screen door when my time came to pull him. The one that threw up the peace sign in every awkward pre-teen picture we have of him. The one that had the lazy eye in elementary school and had to wear a patch.

The one that had a hard time his first year of college and always wanted to hang out with me and my significant other. The one that filmed videos of himself playing his guitar. The one that I watched get better at his musical skills until he totally blew me away one day with a video of him singing an original song and playing the guitar. His voice was awesome, and I was so proud of him.

My brother, my fellow co-founder of the “G” Club. The one who has always been able to make me laugh. He’s always had my back, and I’ve known it.

I watched him grow from a skinny, insecure kid in glasses to a strong, Christian, handsome man with confidence and the strength to stand up for what he believes in.

This amazing man, my brother, is going to be a Daddy.

I love you, Lawson. I can’t wait to meet Levi. I am so proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. this is so sweet!! & so exciting! congrats! someone's gonna have an awesome aunt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! you, my blogging friend, will be a fabulous aunt. i hope we'll get to see lots of pictures of the newborn.

    ReplyDelete