8.05.2012

.celebrations.

Summers go by so fast. I can't believe I only have a couple of weeks left of vacation. I'm trying to do it all before I go back to work: relax, blog, create, sew, stay on top of house work, decorate, plan for the new school year, spend time with friends and family, etc.

+++

A couple of weeks ago, I had the honor of hosting a baby shower for my friend Chrissy. She is having a little girl and is a big lover of animal print and all things girly and pink. Hence...

Chrissy's Leopard Print and Pink Baby Girl Shower:


I rented out my neighborhood clubhouse for the location. I'm so glad I did because there was at least 15 people there along with some kids. My house wouldn't have been near as comfortable. I used my Silhouette Cameo to make the Lynley Paige banner out of pink card stock and leopard print paper. The chalkboard was made from a framed yard sale wall art find. I just painted the glass with chalkboard paint. Then, of course, there were clusters of pink and leopard print tissue paper pom poms hung here and there.


The pink and white paper straws were my favorite touch. They were the first thing I ordered when I started buying decorations for the shower. I got them off Etsy (and have since ordered more, along with a vintage-style glass straw dispenser, for my own kitchen).


These girls are some of the best friends I've ever had. I can't begin to tell you how much I love them, how special they are to me, how blessed I feel to know them. This is Becky, Chrissy, me and Amiee. Becky and Amiee were my co-hosts.

+++

Another very special celebration took place yesterday. My family and my sister-in-law's family, along with friends, got together to celebrate my nephew's 1st birthday!

The party had a construction theme and was so cute. Lots of finger foods, snacks and yummy cake. Levi didn't quite know what to do with his smash cake until his mommy put his hands in it, those hands inevitably made their way to his mouth, and he kinda slipped into his own little sugar-saturated world from there. It was hilarious when we all sang Happy Birthday to him. He looked around the room with a look of shock/curiosity, like, how are all those people singing the exact same words at the exact same time???


Levi got lots of age-appropriate toys. Hubs and I got him some pretty awesome pajamas. We had to scoop him up and have my brother snap the picture fast. Levi is in that stage where he wants to move and gets fussy sometimes if you try to hold him too long.


 Levi's party provided a reunion of sorts. Some college friends were there with their new baby girl, so we all got to meet her. Also, my sister and her husband drove down from their home 3 hours away.
 

The house was full of people celebrating my precious nephew's special day. I think back to when Levi was first born. He is the first baby in our family, and he will always be special. He's happy, silly and somewhat strong-willed. It is impossible not to smile when you're around him for any length of time. I'm blessed to be his aunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment