10.12.2012

.DIY project: fall-inspired dishtowel.


Currently, I am preparing for my booth at an upcoming Fall festival. I've been so focused on that particular inventory, I haven't really sewn just for fun in a long time.

Ever since seeing this image on Pinterest, I knew exactly what my next "quickie" sewing project would be.

{click picture to be taken to tutorial}

It was a super quick little project and it gave me my "I Wanna Sew For Fun" fix.

I knew I wanted to use orange chevron print fabric for my Fall-inspired dishtowel. Thankfully, I already had the flour sack cloth. After an unsuccessful hunt around town for the orange chevron fabric I had my heart set on, I turned to Etsy.

I bought 1/2 yard of Riley Blake Orange Medium Print Chevron fabric from Etsy seller The Sew Sweet Shoppe.

I only had to wait a couple of days for my fabric, and today I finally got to work on the towel that has been in the back of my mind for weeks.



{Tonight's dinner was Digorno's Limited Edition Bacon Blitz pizza. Totally good considering it's the frozen stuff.}


This is a picture of dinner fresh out of the oven and the pug waiting anxiously for his daddy to return home from work.

I just love how my new Fall-inspired dishtowel looks in my kitchen!

Gotta love a simple, quick sewing project that adds a nice seasonal touch to your home.

1 comment:

  1. I love the towels. What festival will you be at?! You are SO talented!!

    ReplyDelete