10.07.2012

.lincoln apple festival.

I've known this day was coming for a few weeks and I've been so excited, I totally didn't get much sleep last night. What kind of adult gets that worked up for a small town apple festival??? This one! It's Fall, this is my first real activity of the season, and I'm in a complete state of bliss.

First things first on a gorgeous Autumn Sunday: church. Another good service. Today was our third visit at our "movie theater" church, and we are feeling the warm fuzzies, like the "this could very well be our church home" kind.

Awesome.

Right after church, we picked up my parents, filled up with gas at the station, and hit the highway.

It's really not far to Lincoln. It probably took us between 30 and 40 minutes at most to get there, if even that.

When we reached the "Welcome to Lincoln" sign that's in the shape of an apple, we knew it was gonna be a grand time.


These people are serious about their apples. It's legit.

We stopped at this combination apple restaurant/store where the featured items were obviously centered around apples.

We purchased apple cider and homemade apple butter. My parents got a few gallons of apple cider (some to give as gifts) and a couple of bags of Jonathan apples.


Next we drove to the town center where we found a bunch of food vendors and craft booths. We walked around and checked everything out, ate some good food (including free apple slices), and even ran into some friends.

I was impressed by how sweet everyone we met was. I mean, the South is known for its hospitality, so I shouldn't be so surprised. People in small towns just have a sweetness and humbleness about them that make you feel warm and cozy on the inside.

A few snapshots of our fun time:







Haha. I love my Dad's "I'm eating this apple and I'm not gonna stop just because you're taking my picture" face.

After we were satisfied with our applicious time, we got back in the car and headed through some more windy highways and small, forgotten towns until we got to my in-laws' house.

We ate dinner with them and visited for a couple of hours before heading home.

While on our way to their house, we drove by this abandoned church, and an already-awesome day was made even more amazing when we stopped and took pictures of and by the old building.



Y'all, I'm not even kidding. Today was rad. Days like this make me feel like I am living out my favorite season to its fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment