12.24.2009

White Christmas

How rare it is to have a white Christmas in Arkansas! And it looks like this might be the lucky year we get one! It's Christmas Eve, and there is a light dusting of snow on the cars and grass. It's supposed to keep falling for the next couple of hours, then stop some time over night. If I wake up tomorrow, Christmas morning, and see white...I'm going to revert back to the age of 5 and jump up and down with joy!!!!

We spent tonight with my family. We had a good dinner with lots of yummy pies for dessert, and then we opened gifts. It's so fun to watch the gift opener's face as they realized what's underneath all that tissue paper. Lots of smiles and laughter + family = blessed night.

Then we played Taboo, and this is such a fun game to play, especially when my dad is involved. He is just hilarious... We'll leave it at that. Oh, and did I mention the girls won? Because we did. :-)

I'm excited to go to sleep knowing it's snowing outside, then get up in the morning and open presents and stockings with my husband. The plan is to make the trip to Leslie's family's celebration tomorrow, so as long as the roads are clear, it's off to Nanny's! I feel especially blessed this Christmas season, not only because of the birth of my Savior, but because He died for me...a death that no one else probably would have ever endured, simply to save me from an eternity away from Him. Praise the Lord for all He has done for us!

And Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment