8.08.2010

.goodbye summer.

As soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning, my Summer break will officially be over. What's crazy is that it feels like it's taking me by surprise. I don't know how it slipped my mind that I have a training class at 8:30 in the morning for the new Kids Day Out program I'll be working for. Tuesday I'll be getting my classroom ready at the OTHER Mom's Day Out program I teach at. Wednesday I'll be getting my KDO classroom ready. Thursday is Open House at MDO. Friday I'll take a breath. Saturday I'll be taking A LOT of breaths in a CPR certification class. Saturday night we have a friend's bbq to attend. Then the following week will be back to teaching!

Let me tell you, after a couple of months of only being busy when I chose to be, the events coming up feel a tad overwhelming! It will be good to get back to teaching. If there's one thing I love about being a teacher, it's that right when you feel like you need a break to rejuvenate with fresh ideas and a larger dose of patience, you get it in the form of Summer break. Then just when you get bored and restless, it's time to go back. I couldn't ask for better jobs than the ones God blessed me with. I also still serve as assistant editor to the local family magazine called Peekaboo! I like to joke that I have three jobs, yet I'm home more than a person with one job! That's the beauty of them all being part-time! Oh, and did I mention that I'm still sewing and selling at True Treasures? So I guess I kinda have four jobs... Sweet!

Thank you, Lord, for all your blessings. I pray to be a positive example in my students' lives this year and to show them abundant, unconditional love and patience. And to teach them the things that they need to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment