2.02.2011

.bedroom entrance alcove.

Today I want to share pictures of a small portion of our house that I actually feel is "complete." Sadly, after living in our house for a year now, this one tiny area is the only one I feel satisfied with (despite the crooked silhouette pictures).

This is the "alcove" or semi-hallway that welcomes you into our master bedroom:

I love to mix vintage with contemporary, and I love bright colors. The black table was given to me by my mother-in-law (a very exciting day that was!). The orange vase was a Christmas gift from my sister this year. It was a flea market find. The yellow picture frame was bought on clearance at Target and it holds a picture from my wedding day. The greenery was a thrift store find; the white ceramic bird was a flea market find, as well as the Readers Digest book. I made our silhouette pictures using black construction paper glued onto Hobby Lobby scrapbooking paper, and the black oval frames were also purchased at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.

A very inexpensively decorated portion of our home that I love and I feel suits the future vision I have for our home's style just fine.

As finances allow, each other room in our home will be "spiffed up," and I promise to share pictures as it comes along.

P.S. I apologize for the blurry pictures. :-)

Linked to: Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest

2 comments:

  1. Even that small section is adorable! I Stumbled across your blog from someone else's. Very cute! Just wanted to say hi from a newbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice vignette - it draws you down the hallway to see what's next. Great job!

    ReplyDelete