10.14.2009

Scrap Girl Shoppe

That is the name of my new Etsy store! My plan is to make a few flannel rag quilts in advance, get them listed for sale, then keep the inventory coming. Eventually, I would like my shop to be successful enough that I could advertise it here on my blog as well as in Peekaboo magazine! I am so serious about this! I have been more motivated than ever lately to take my dreams and make them into my reality. I'm so excited for what the future holds.

Leslie's and my house hunt has hit a snag. We found a house we really like (a few, actually) but we can't put an offer in on any of them because RD loans do not have government money right now. I'm a little disappointed because with every day that goes by, we are running out of time to get the first-time home buyer's tax credit. But I actually have peace about it because I know it's God working in our lives, and if for some reason He doesn't have it in His plans for us to buy a house right now, I don't want a house. Not until it's the RIGHT house at the RIGHT time, which is HIS time. And although God's timing often doesn't line up with our timing, or when we expect something to happen, His timing is always perfect. Not my will, but His be done.

In the meantime, I feel so blessed. I have nothing to complain about! I can only sing praises to my God, and will continue to do so even when things get tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment