6.12.2010

.exciting new venture.

I am beyond excited to announce my new business venture: Shabby Threads. I will be making and selling pillowcase dresses, throw pillow slipcovers, quilts, and anything else that I discover I enjoy sewing along the way!

This is Bella. She was such a good little model for me. My photographer friend Loren King took most of the photos and even allowed me to take a couple. The shabby chic dress Bella is wearing represents me and my style perfectly.

These pictures were made as promotional shots for my new business. I'll be able to use these in ads, my shabby threads blog (once I get it created) and in my etsy shop. I've reserved my etsy shop name but have not officially set up shot yet. That is coming soon, and I'm excited!!

A local antique mall, True Treasures, has shown interest in having me sell my dresses there. I am honored to have people approaching me and supporting my creativity!

That being said, my plan is to use the Summer to sew, sew, sew. It looks like I'll have 3 venues from which to sell my product (True Treasures, Etsy, and facebook), and I'm excited to see which one gets the most response.

For this photoshoot, Loren and I had a vision, and it was so fun watching it come to life. Bella is Loren's niece, the hay field is on Loren's family's farm, and the chippy white chair is a flea market find of mine!

I must say, this is a dream opportunity.

This is my passion, and I'm so blessed to have the time to pursue it!

Stay tuned for more updates on Shabby Threads!

No comments:

Post a Comment