1.05.2013

.my {post-christmas} winter mantel.


A few days ago, I took down all our Christmas decor. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was determined to fit everything I had into two large Rubber Maid tubs, and whatever didn't fit and/or I didn't like anymore got put in the future yard sale pile.

This left me with a blank fireplace mantel and a new decorating challenge to create wintery vignettes that would last through the rest of the season.


I kept it pretty simple and in neutral tones. I'm obsessed with gold right now and also how the color looks with white. To me, it's the perfect color combo for Winter.


I guess I didn't put away all my Christmas decor. I left the sprigs out that I used as my tree topper and placed them in milk glass vases. I also put a couple of white votive candles in a metal soap dish and stood a large chipboard "B" up against the wall.


On the other side of the mantel I placed another vase with sprigs in it along with my trusty navy & lime Reader's Digest (the colors of my living room). Another milk glass dish holds an over-sized pine cone, and a thrifted white owl and empty brown frame complete the vignette.

I'm happy with the neutral tones and natural outdoorsy elements.

I love looking at other bloggers' seasonal mantels, so if you'd like to share what you did with yours, feel free to leave a link in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I did not think to decorate mine for the "season". I just figured the holidays are over and now it back to normal. You can see a picture in this post: (the actual post is about my goals for 2013 though)
    http://randomthoughtsandfeelings1.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-forward-to-2013.html
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Mine looks so bare! I threw a wintery plate and some white birds on the mantle... I'm thinking Valentine's day. You are more than welcome to come do mine, lunch is on me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete