3.10.2010

My D.I.Y. Chalkboard

Yay! I finally tackled my first {small} d.i.y. project, and now I'm hooked! I've been wanting a cute little chalkboard for my kitchen and have stumbled upon some super worthy ones at various flea markets. However, being the tight-wad creative person I am, I decided I would rather make my own than purchase someone else's creation! Why not? And I'm so glad I did!

Of course, I had to find the perfect "item" to transform into a chalkboard. So I enthusiastically went on a full-out hunt at all my favorite flea markets and thrift stores. I knew my search was over when I stumbled upon this beaut:


$4 serving tray

If your kitchen is decorated in the coffee shop theme, you will be very disappointed in what I did with this tray.

Chalkboard paint: the newest love of my life?

All it took was two coats with a few hours of drying time in-between, and my fantasy chalkboard became a reality!

I foresee many, many more d.i.y. projects in my future! Well, I know this because one is sitting in my garage waiting for its second coat as I type this. Not another chalkboard, but another small project. I'm loving getting my feet wet in this do-it-yourself stuff! I would love for these baby steps to lead me into something amazing that I never imagined I'd be able to do!

Another kitchen glimpse:

Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment