3.15.2010

A Shabby New Look

One way that I get extra money to support my addiction hobby of secondhand shopping is by consigning clothes and decor. After buying this oil painting at a flea market and it sitting in a closet for a good year, I decided to consign it. It sat at the consignment store for 3 months and never sold, so I picked it up and gave it a makeover... A shabby chic makeover. My hope is that I've given it new life and now it will appeal to someone with shabby taste. I like it better now, too! So if it doesn't sale this go-around, I might just have to find a place for it in my home!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

1 comment:

  1. I like the new paint job on this picture. I have the exact same painting, but my frame is a really ornate gold one, and I've been thinking of painting it white too...now I have the extra push to tackle this project. Thanks for the inspiration. Take Care, Carrie

    ReplyDelete